LET’S SHARE OUR BOOKISH DELIGHTS…

Today I’m participating in WWW Wednesdays, at Taking on a World of Words Here’s how it works:

The Three Ws are:

What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next, and/or what are you eagerly awaiting?

***

CURRENTLY READING:  The Ash Family (e-book), by Molly Dektar – (NG ARC – 4/9/19):  When a young woman leaves her family—and the civilized world—to join an off-the-grid community headed by an enigmatic leader, she discovers that belonging comes with a deadly cost, in this lush and searing debut novel.

 

***

BOOKS FINISHED SINCE LAST WEEK- (Titles/Covers Linked to My Reviews):

The Liar’s Child (e-book), by Carla Buckley

Her One Mistake (e-book), by Heidi Perks

I Invited Her In (e-book), by Adele Parks

***

EAGERLY ANTICIPATING:  I have bookmarked The Bookish Life of Nina Hill, by Abbi Waxman, with a release date of July 9, 2019.  I love Waxman’s books.  And this one sounds perfect for bookworms.

Synopsis:  The author of Other People’s Houses and The Garden of Small Beginnings delivers a quirky and charming novel chronicling the life of confirmed introvert Nina Hill as she does her best to fly under everyone’s radar.
 
Meet Nina Hill: A young woman supremely confident in her own…shell.

The only child of a single mother, Nina has her life just as she wants it: a job in a bookstore, a kick-butt trivia team, a world-class planner and a cat named Phil. If she sometimes suspects there might be more to life than reading, she just shrugs and picks up a new book.
 
When the father Nina never knew existed suddenly dies, leaving behind innumerable sisters, brothers, nieces, and nephews, Nina is horrified. They all live close by! They’re all—or mostly all—excited to meet her! She’ll have to Speak. To. Strangers. It’s a disaster! And as if that wasn’t enough, Tom, her trivia nemesis, has turned out to be cute, funny, and deeply interested in getting to know her. Doesn’t he realize what a terrible idea that is?
 
Nina considers her options.
1. Completely change her name and appearance. (Too drastic, plus she likes her hair.)
2. Flee to a deserted island. (Hard pass, see: coffee).
3. Hide in a corner of her apartment and rock back and forth. (Already doing it.)
 
It’s time for Nina to come out of her comfortable shell, but she isn’t convinced real life could ever live up to fiction. It’s going to take a brand-new family, a persistent suitor, and the combined effects of ice cream and trivia to make her turn her own fresh page.

***

My week so far.  What did yours look like?

***

Advertisements

29 thoughts on “LET’S SHARE OUR BOOKISH DELIGHTS…

  1. Sounds like you had a great reading week! Man, The Bookish Life of Nina Hill sounds like a book I need to read. I am about 95% Nina. The other 5% is probably, like, static or white noise or something. We’re not sure yet. Definitely going to have to check it out!

    Here’s my WWW.

    Liked by 1 person

      1. I’m the same! Total sucker for books about books. I read a lot of dark books, so I like to sneak in cozy and comedy reads here and there. You know, for whatever little bit of sanity I might still have. I haven’t read anything else from Abbi Waxman, but if I like this one, I’ll definitely check out her other work. :3

        Liked by 1 person

Please leave your thoughts. Comments, not awards, feed my soul. Thanks!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.